These activities will help you learn more about paper products and recycling.
1) Use the questions below or develop your own and forward
them to companies who use paper products.
Call or e-mail the public relations department of a telephone
company and ask:
- How many tonnes of paper does it take to make all of their
- How many are recycled?
- What are the benefits and drawbacks to using recycled paper
products? Think of costs, truck pollution, reduced waste, labour etc.
- Is recycling likely to increase or decrease? Why?
2) Call or e-mail the public relations department of a fast
food company, corporate office downtown or a newspaper company and ask the following
questions or suggest your own.
- What kind of paper products do they use in their packaging?
- How much paper is used in a year? How much of the paper
used is recycled and where is it obtained?
3) Then call or e-mail the public relations department
of a paper-making company and ask:
- What steps are taken to ensure that paper is produced
in an environmentally responsible manner?
- How is paper reused so that fewer trees are cut?
Call or e-mail the public relations department of a photocopier manufacturer
- How many copies can their best machine handle in a lifetime
and how much would that paper weigh?
- How is photocopy paper recycled? How much paper per year
is recycled at your company?
5) Call or e-mail the public relations department of a
computer manufacturing company and ask:
- How many e-mail messages are printed on paper by the
average person? How many e-mail messages are sent in North America in
6) Talk to the administrative staff in your school and ask:
- How does your school maximize the use of paper and minimize
- How much does your school recycle?
- How much money is saved by recycling? (IDEA: You may want
to start a recycling club at your school to ensure students and staff are
aware of recycling issues or opportunities. Your school could save money from
recyling activities for a field trip.)
Copyright, ForedBC, All rights reserved.
We gratefully acknowledge the financial support of the Province of British Columbia
which ensures its durability and excellent support in the event of Designer Replica Handbags
shocks. Equipped with even more innovative ratchet, it allows to optimize the comfort of armament of the swiss replica watches
through increased speed of winding and a two-way winding system.Bracelets by Swiss Replica Watches
mostly are from: stainless, leather, rubber and silicone, although the time situation made from: stainless, alloys and materials. Within supplement Swiss Watches Replica
might be digital or mechanical and you may option among individuals which are in your hands or individuals ones who goes within pocket. Thus there's a large choice of models Swiss replica watches
and everybody will find the model corresponding by using it.SwissÂ Jaeger-LeCoultre replica watchesÂ sale online are split into five lines and they're: Folio, Wet, Vibe, Moving Color and replica handbags